Monday, February 14, 2011

Mondays and New Beginnings!

I love Mondays!

I'm not sure if it is my contrary nature.... or if I really love Mondays :-)   But Mondays, to me, are new beginnings!  The week starts off with a clean slate and my To Do list is emerging and ready to have items checked off!

The laundry is started for my daily load, I'm enjoying a cup of tea and am prepared to tackle my office work.   The dog will start barking within 30 minutes and we will get a half mile stroll.... and then back to whatever life decides to throw my way.

I remember a time when I used to despise Mondays because it was "back to the grind".  Somewhere along the line I had an attitude shift and decided that new beginnings were worth ENJOYING :-)

Maybe it was the way I thought of beginning and ending my week?  Weekdays are full of anxiety and busy-ness.  We are - all of us - ON THE GO!  It's never-ending... and then the weekend comes..  In theory, weekends are slow, fun family times.  In reality, they are often worse than the weeks!  We expect to do so much 'catch-up work' AND enjoy friends and family?  Not so much :-)  We start Monday's exhausted!

Try this.... your week starts clean and new on Monday morning :-)  Anything you didn't do last week gets re-prioritized according to importance.  If it's important, schedule it in... if it gets shuffled off for another week, it might be time to re-consider its importance to you!

Your week ends on Friday.   Hmm.... how is that possible?  There is so much to do...  It is possible because you can re-frame your weekend expectations.  Make having FUN with your family a weekend priority.

Of course, there is still plenty to be done over the weekend... but do the things that will make your life easier!  I don't care for cooking but I cook 2 or 3 meals over the weekend... it makes me happy to have the food ready and decisions made during the week.  In this case, cooking makes me happy (did I say that?)

DO the things you can't or don't want to reschedule for the week ahead.

Weekends become about doing things that make your life easier or things that make you happy :-)  And when your mind can be in that space, FUN with your family and friends becomes possible!

Somehow.... 'back to the grind' on Mondays becomes a little more exciting with some rest and fun behind you!

What do YOU do to make your Mondays more exciting?

No comments:

Post a Comment