Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Quilt Stories - Bluebird of Happiness 2014

On one of the fabrics are little bluebirds... that I fussy cut for centers of some of the blocks



The fabrics chosen are a breast cancer line.... I had bought them in 2008 to make a second sampler because I enjoyed the class so much.

The colors were all pastels and made me sing!

But I got bogged down in finishing my first sampler quilt - and just didn't get back to the shop for advice and help.

So when I ran across Michele at the Quilting Gallery, she was offering her Aiming for Accuracy Quilt Along (2013).  I decided to use these fabrics and run with it!

Run with it, I did!  Michele's designs are wonderful and her explanations clear.  I had a blast and learned a TON about piecing. [She has since done more quilt-alongs and has a lot of good stuff on her site.... I can share more when I finish things!]

Just look at all those beautiful POINTS!  Yeah - I'm proud of this one :-)  Thank you, Michele!

Machine pieced, and quilted  in the ditch..


Yep - a definite favorite :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment