Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Book Review: Les Parisiennes by Anne Seba









It took me a long time to wade through - but I thoroughly enjoyed it! This is a nonfiction from an historical time period that fascinates me. I've read countless historical fiction accounts from Nazi-occupied France.... and reading the factual accounts that are the basis for these stories fascinates me even more. I appreciate the well rounded accounts of all types of women of France and how they lived - one day at a time - during the war. Women who ended up on one side or the other simply from the day-to-day choices we all must make.... at a time when even a choice of how to feed your family might put you on one side or the other.. If you, like me, can appreciate how women manage to make do, fight, survive under the harshest of circumstances..... you will appreciate this account of these women. FIVE stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment