Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Crochet (and Quilt) Post Dishcloths # 303 - 306 & 307-310


Hmmmm.... what kind of crafting have I been doing lately?    Mostly playing with fabric, I admit!    I worked on a summer table runner:


My personal challenge?  2 fabrics in here screamed SUMMER to me - the sandy-colored one with big shells and the bright blue gingham one with the bright watermelon slices.  Not much in the way of shared colors, the FUN for me is to dig through my scraps and find colors that tie them together.  I'm pretty proud of this one.


And then there was a tutorial on burp cloths....  These are simply diapers covered with a fabric that my daughter (aka MOM) likes.  These fabric scraps were in my stash from the table covers at my girl's wedding.... (that is how I knew she liked it :-)  Anyway, she promised to test how they work so I know whether to make more or not... it IS a pretty and an easy gift to work up!  I'm not sure you ever have enough burp cloths.

Hope you are having some happy crafting days!  Below are this week's dishcloth selections to share:

#303 Shells Galore Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the upper right. This pattern is a little unusual in its construction but was fun to figure out.  It's a basic shell pattern that morphs into a granny type square.  I like the edging too... I am not sure I like it enough to do it again but it was a fun project!

#304  Easy as ...<<hdc>> Crochet Dishcloth - on the upper left. This pretty little sturdy dishcloth is simply half-double crochet, just like the name!  With a simple edging, it is a nice addition to a dishcloth collection



#305 - Marjorie Crochet Dishcloth pictured above on the lower left.  This dishcloth with the pink ribbon was named in honor of the designer's mother.  Simple double crochet with the ribbon worked separately and stitched on.  This one is a keeper for me :-) Especially with my personal goal of walking as many of the Breast Cancer 3Day locations as I am able!

#306 - Pink Piggy Crochet Dishcloth - this is another of the ADORABLE ones!  There are several in this dishcloth challenge that begin with a round base and then you crochet and add features to it.  Love this one :-)

The next 4 dishcloths are featured below:

#307 Ruffle Granny Crochet Dishcloth - below on the bottom left.  This one is exactly what it says it is - a granny square with a ruffled edging.  Quick to work up, a good size and texture AND pretty.  A winner, in my book!

#308 Scarecrow Crochet Dishcloth - Another adorable one! His hat is a little off - but that was me, not the pattern... I love the way this little guy works up and he is as sturdy as he is cute!


#309 Star Spangled Crochet Dishcloth - the small one above on the upper right.  This one works up like a granny square - only a pentagon shape instead.  I think it is a little small.. but could probably be enlarged by adding another round!

#310  Lacy Blue Crochet Dishcloth - Pictured above on the upper left.  Very pretty - not too difficult but a little time-consuming - this is made of thread instead of the usual cotton worsted used for most of the cloths.  It seems much more like a decorative doily to me than a cloth for washing.  I am glad I tried it but I don't think I'll do a repeat!

All of these patterns are from Maggie Weldon's 2011 Dishcloth Challenge - FREE at www.bestfreecrochet.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment