Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crochet (and more!) Post - DIshcloths # 295-298 & 299-302


QUILTING:

I've been talking about doing more quilting (actually LEARNING about quilting) for quite a while.  You know I have a large hand quilting project that I can't seem to get cracking on.  I've done a little work on that but not enough to brag about!

But I did discover a super website that shares easy projects that you can see through from start to finish - mostly on the sewing machine.  It is called Diary of a Quilter - and has several tutorials that utilize scraps you probably have lying around...... (okay, I have lying around!)  And since one focus of 2012 is to USE UP.. I chose a table runner project to use some holiday fabrics.

This is Mischief, my helper :-)



 one of my favorite things to do in a quilting project is to pick 2 fabrics that don't seen to go together and make it happen!  In this case.. it is the wild purple with black cats and orange jack-o-lanterns... and the more muted harvest print with sage green and yellow/orange.  It is a lot of fun choosing fabrics that will tie two disparate prints together!



This project took less than a week working on it in bits and pieces as I had time..  I was so pleased that I decided that I had time to create and USE a summer version.... will share that one later!

Dishcloths # 295 through 298 are pictured below:

#295 Striped Rib Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom right....  I love the feel of this one - thought when (WHEN) I make it again, I will probably make it a little bit wider to square up the shape!  Nice easy pattern for a beginner :-)

#296 Lilac Lace Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the upper lefthand side... this cloth is another easy pattern that is fairly easy.  I think I will do it again BUT not as a dishcloth.  I think I would like it better as an afghan square.


   


#297 - Rose in Bloom Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the upper right - Very nice, very simple.  Like most of the round ones, I would prefer them as hot pads (make two and sew them together) or trivets on the table

#298 - The Little Piggy Crochet Dishcloth - I hope you can figure out which one this is!  He was my favorite to do though I am not particularly a pig lover so probably won't use him myself.... but it worked up quickly and turned out really nice!

Below, we have #299 through #302

#299 Lacy Delights Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the lower right... Definitely NOT a fave!  Not that it is so difficult to do but it is a bit cumbersome, I can't get it to lie flat and it isn't that pretty!  That said - like the rest of this project, it is a good opportunity to practice skills both in crocheting AND in pattern deciphering!

#300 Cute Cupcake Crochet Dishcloth - really really easy and cute!.. Will definitely make one smile when doing dishes or washing babies!  I think that is one thing to consider while choosing a pattern to try....  these do not HAVE to be scrubby dishcloths!  Many of the patterns will make adorable washcloths for the kiddos.... or, as I mentioned before, afghan squares for a larger project in regular 4-ply worsted yarn.




#301 - Tramlines Crochet Dishcloth - While this one is easy and turns out pretty, I probably won't repeat it (unless, of course, I get the ITCH to do all the ones I didn't hate doing!  I can see me doing that with the leftover cotton yarn).  It will make a great addition to a gift basket though!

 #302 - Barnie Bear Crochet Dishcloth - cute, Cute, CUTE!  Easy and fun - just looking at him makes me smile :-)  I think I'd like to have him help me with my dishes :-)



Instructions for all these cloths are on Maggie Weldon's site  www.bestfreecrochet.com in the October 2011 archive

No comments:

Post a Comment