Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 25..... Jan 5... How time flies!

Where do the days go??

I know that part of my lapse here is not that I am not seeking JOY... but that I have been involved in other pursuits.  I've been working on a set of reflections on the 12 Days of Christmas for my prayer blog (and of COURSE, I am writing them ongoing instead of in advance!) - so that has sucked up a little time from my sharing JOY with you.

And I am working on other more typical January activities (for me!)

In January I work on NOT spending... so it's time to see what is lurking in the corners of the pantry and figure out how to use it up.  (made some beef barley soup last night - and searched out some possibilities for both giant dried corn (aka dried hominy) and lentils (why did I buy them anyway?)  Needless to say there are several questionable purchases that are not getting any younger and I need to figure out ways to use them in meals.

AND then there are my craft projects...  I LOVE to go through my supplies and set up projects for the year.  Usually it's yarn.... but this year I really have learned enough about quilting that I have worked up quite a stash of scraps to use up... and have a pile of quilt tops in various stages of completion... might be worth a blog post about them one day.  I get a lot of JOY out of my crafting but I have to be careful not to overburden myself.  My brain sparkle with ideas... and I have to be careful not to line up too much or I can be my own worst enemy.

It's a Monday morning - and I must go into town.  I will be helping a friend set her business up on Quickbooks... something I am knowledgeable with but HATE!  It's not hard but it is BORING... a good exercise for me.. but not a fun one :-(   I will find JOY at each stage of completion though, I can honestly say that!

And a ton of JOY over the weekend as I set up a plan for quilting for the year.  I don't have much of a crochet plan - a few hats I've promised others - and FINISHING!  I've spent the last couple of years using up yarn - making just a tiny dent in my supply.... but I have squares and squares that need to become blankets..   After that, I don't know yet...

I will be setting up a page here soon with things I want to do.... and hopefully use 2015 to do some of them!   A dream page.  I do love to dream but am at a weird place in my life... where I am trying to figure out what some of those dreams actually are!  Do you ever do that??

Where you think you want something... and then your life changes and what you wanted so badly doesn't quite any more?   That is where I am.....  and it's kind of a fun place.. because it has opened my eyes to possibilities...

I am watchful for classes and opportunities that come my way... and I take the idea and turn it over and over in my mind until I decide if I want to try it or not...

One such.. at the moment... is a local class on growing your tomatoes from seed....  3 sessions.. and for the life of me I can't figure out why so many.  All I've ever done is stick the plants in the ground and let God take over....  but it is intriguing to me to find out more (and I WILL walk away from session 3 armed with my heirloom tomatoes for the season... so then there is that)   Anyway....  life is intriguing....

and on I go...


No comments:

Post a Comment