Monday, February 18, 2019

Harry Potter Quilt Along Weeks 1-4

Geeky quilting continues!!

The second Harry Potter Quilt Along this year is designed and hosted by  Kelli Fannin from Seriously I Think It Needs Stitches.. and what fun!!!

I do have to say that I have read (and own) the entire book series.... have them all on audio cd... have read each of them aloud (!) to my younger children (age 25 and 23 NOW).... and, of course, have and often marathon watch all the movies...  the latest of which comes out on March 12 in case you want to know.   So the quilt along is a no brainer!  The only reason I haven't done the Fandom in Stitches Project of Doom is that I have never done paper piecing! [I do have a strong feeling this will change in this HP quilting season :-) ]

At any rate - my last post was short.. I haven't really blogged in a few years..... but I wanted to say that I love doing these each week and - so far - life has allowed me to keep up


1.  Harry

  The first block was a bit complicated but the instructions are clear and I do love the process of assembly!

2.  Cupboard Under the Stairs


Easy peasy except for making sure I had enough wood grain in my scrap bins!  The door knob is tiny but eminently doable :-)


3. Hedwig


This was FUN!  Bit by bit..... section by section....

4.  HP Monogram


I HAD to use my golden glitter fabric for this one and it is magnificent!

And there you have it - 4 weeks of blocks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment