Monday, September 17, 2012

Crochet Post! #287 - 290 and #291-294

More baby things to share.....

Gifts for my daughter at her shower...


LOVED the way this log cabin pattern turned out!  I will definitely make more of these

NOT happy with the sweater / hat set... this is a 'never again' pattern :-)


..and washcloths... because there are never enough!

and on to dishcloths!


#287 Rudolph Crochet Dishcloth - This cloth is absolutely adorable!  The lighting in the photo doesn't do it justice.  I am not at all sure what I will use it for - somehow it doesn't feel like a dishcloth.. Rudolph is just too cute for that...  but I enjoyed making it... even the sewing part... the antlers are a little tricky to make but once I saw what I was doing, it made sense.

#288 Poinsettia Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the upper right, this cloth is a variation on a granny square.  It could easily be made in a variety of colors for a pretty floral gift basket!


#289 Candy Cane Blocks Crochet Dishcloth - Pictured underneath Rudolph on the upper left.  This one was really easy, looks nice and is a sturdy cloth.  I think I would like it better in different colors - I will definitely do it again but try for a different effect!

# 290 Basketweave Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the bottom right....  LOVE this one - both for ease of pattern and the final product!  It looks a lot trickier than it is and has a nice thick scrubby texture to it.

The next four dishcloths are pictured below:

#291 Very Berry Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the upper right.  This is another easy pattern that turns out really nice.  I also love the pattern for dishcloths because the texture is nubby.

#292 - Frankie Frog Crochet Dishcloth - This one is for frog lovers!  It is simple to do - but like Rudolph above, is made in several pieces that need to be sewn on.  He is adorable though - and will make one of my grandchildren really happy!


#293 Granny Spokes Crochet Dishcloth - On the lower left, this is a granny square variation with a circular pattern in the center that becomes a square as you continue.  Simpler to do than it sounds, I think it turned out really pretty.

#294 Southwestern Crochet Dishcloth - This one looks like a flower :-)  I enjoyed working it up and will definitely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment