Monday, December 30, 2013

Endings and Beginnings

As I sit here thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2014, all I can think is how I want to escape 2013.  I usually greet my mid-December birthday with a handful of resolutions and a lot of hope... but not this year..  I am still dragging but am determined to keep moving forward... regardless!

This was a year of muck and mud for me - I don't really know why.

I have some ideas - but suffice it to say that my spirit was broken this year and, as I age, I don't fight back as hard.  I won't stay broken but I'm not sure about which direction to move in or how long it will take me to heal.

I'm not so sure I am right any more and I'm not sure how much I care about some things.

I AM sure I am more selfish..... but again, I'm not sure how much I care about that either.  I think I can safely say that apathy is playing a part in my journey right now.

I haven't written much because I don't feel anything relevant worth sharing.  If I can't lift up, if I can't inspire, I feel like I'm wasting both of our time with a blog!

But I have continued to get up every day.  I have continued to think of things to help me progress.... maybe even to help me find me - whoever I am becoming.

But I decided today to think of important things that happened in my life in 2013.... because no matter how I feel about the year I have traveled through, I DID accomplish some things.  And good things happened.  And thinking ill of this time period does me no good.  Sometimes life feels stagnant or choking, but that is a precursor to a wild riot of blooming.  Let's hope so! (And let's make it so!)


2013


visited some relatives out of state
did a couple of local races and added a new state to my life race list
had a couple of overnight getaways with my husband
took several quilt classes
reconnected with some special people from my past
logged my miles walked and saved intentionally through the month of June
began work at a quilt shop and made new friends there
saw a double rainbow
counted 11 hummingbirds at one feeder
finished sampler quilt from 2007
attended a car show with my husband
enjoyed several lovely play days with my grands
greeted a brand new grandboy
embarked on household renovations (plus AND minus here! finish in 2014?)
donated and/or gave away more than a tenth of my income
found an autumn crocus blooming in my yard
made some perfect peanut blossom cookies
read almost 100 books
played in the sand and took photos of sunrises




No comments:

Post a Comment