Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Ramblings 2-12-18

So today we left..... not too much chaos in the leaving..

just some funny stuff...

we ate a good breakfast - and got to the airport in plenty of time.  Enough to work on my hexies :-)

Our first flight took off at 12:40 - and in retrospect, we should have eaten around noon - or a little earlier just before we boarded.  But we weren't hungry - so we shopped - and I bought way too much food because I didn't know how long we would be flying.

I did know the first flight was about an hour and we would have to make a wild dash through the connecting airport to make flight #2.  And I really didn't know how long flight #2 was or when it took off.

My husband forgot to email me the info when I asked (and asked)  He patiently told me every time I asked - but didn't email me.   And I'm a visual - a reader.  I wish I retained what I hear but that is not how I am wired.... so I didn't know.

After the mad dash.... as we are standing in the line to board.. he told me to split the food.  WHAT???   He had told me several times we would have center seats across the aisle from each other.  So we weren't together.  In my head - we were across the aisle - so we were kind of together....     So I am kind of fuming there - still out of breath from our dash.... very hungry.... and stood there splitting the sandwiches, etc....   (I mean, why did we wait until now if he was going to be so insistent?)   And he is patiently explaining how he didn't want to reach across people.  (which I clearly didn't understand - but I just got the job done)

And... in the plane... I got it.  The row had 3 seats on each side.... and we were each in the center seat of each side.  Goodness me!  If I had understood!

I recount this story because this is my life.  For some reason, he and I routinely use the same language to convey completely different thoughts.  And I do mean routinely.  Daily... and some days are worse than others....

These trips leave me lots of time to think about the way we each think and communicate.  And I get a greater appreciation for each of us and how we remain together.   And happy.

The rest of the day was relatively uneventful.... successful flight though I was squashed in between 2 large men...  I did finish a novel I had borrowed electronically from my library... something I really enjoy for trips!

Arrived, got the rental car.... made it to the hotel just fine.... we did make one small tactical error though.  Went to a chain restaurant across the street - and got one of those 2-meal deals that included a margarita and a dessert.  The food was great!  BUT we aren't used to dessert.... and the drink didn't sit well with everything else.  I was glad to keep half my meal for tomorrow.. but both of us were pretty uncomfortable the rest of the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment