Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Ramblings 2-13-18 Conroe, Texas

       
              Up early since the guys met for breakfast at 7am.... well not early for me :-)  I'm sticking to my water before coffee though and no coffee before 6am.  Which I think will be good for me in the long run...  Focus is on water consumption these days!  I drank coffee while they ate and chatted and then they were off to the plant.

My sunrise photo:




not so much sun!


And I had the day stretched out in front of me!

I went upstairs and changed into my workout clothes and did a Walk at Home workout.  I purchased the app sometime ago - it runs about $5/month... and I haven't used it.  So this is month 3.. and I did!  I really like it for traveling - at least in the US!  Its a Leslie Sansone walking workout... one every day of the calendar - though you can choose any day you like.  Anyway - it's EASY... and you can ensure that you get your workout in!

Once that was done, I went back down to get my own breakfast.  AND decide about the quilt shop.  I do love visiting quilt shops - but I can save $100 by not going!  The weather was supposed to be rainy/ drizzly all day so going to the lake was probably not an option.  My husband left the rental car for me - which sounds so nice!

I wish that I were a comfortable driver!  But I did map out the route.  And I did get dressed to go.  And I did take the key... and find the car (I didn't remember what it was).. and I sat in the drivers seat and adjusted things.  I even turned it on and reviewed my directions.  But I could feel the adrenaline rising.

And I fussed at myself and reminded myself that I could so do this.  And then I decided to get out of the car and walk partway to see what kinds of roads they were.  And I made it about halfway until the sidewalks ran out.  At least I was getting steps in! 

I backtracked and started remembering how I often misconstrue road signs.  I tend to think opposite sometimes.  I took a side road and ended up at a Michaels.  Living where I do - a trip to Michaels with no time constraints is not even within my imagination - so it was a wonderful treat!  I picked up some drawing supplies to play in a medium I haven't tried in a long while..

Anyway... was back in the hotel eating my leftovers around 12:30.... and saw that I had missed a text from the hubs wanting to get me for lunch :-( 

Spent the afternoon working on valentine hexies and dreaming of pencil sketches... and how to schedule tomorrow...



Dinner was with the work colleagues... and back for a very quiet evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment