Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crochet Post 231-234 and 235-238

Wow - it's been a while since I posted my dishcloths!  I did some Easter goodies for my grandgirls - I think I posted those.... but since then - it's been dishcloths and dishcloths and dishcloths!  I am ready to be finished with them :-)  Finished with the project that is - I am still enjoying the quick little crochet ventures.... this is a super way to try out new stitches and ideas!  But what am I going to do with 365 dishcloths??

That should be my next challenge!

At any rate - I will begin again :-)

#231  Rickrack Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left.. this is a combination of stitches with a really pretty effect.  The photo doesn't do it justice.

#232 Tannenbaum Crochet Dishcloth - I bet you can figure out which one is the Christmas tree :-)  One thing I can say after all these cloths is that I am getting quite proficient with crocheting in a couple of colors and following a chart.  I can also say that I don't want to do a lot of them!  It really does make a pretty cloth though - and would make a nice afghan if you really liked doing them...


#233 Christmas Wreath Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the upper right.  I had fun doing this one!  It worked up quickly and looks adorable.  I could see doing a bunch of these as Christmas gifts in varying combinations of red, white and green!

#234 Red Apple Crochet Dishcloth - above on the upper left.  All the comments I made about the charts are still true BUT if one had a favorite teacher, this would be worth the work!  The finished cloth is absolutely adorable.   I would definitely consider doing this one again for a special someone.

The next 8 cloths are pictured below:

#235 Summer Shells Crochet Dishcloth - below on the bottom right.  I LOVE the color combinations I chose for this one.. really just using up scraps and coordinating colors... doesn't match my kitchen at all but makes me feel like summer :-)  It wasn't hard to make but I don't think it's my favorite pattern... the cloth is nice and thick so I am pleased with the end product.

#236 Tropical Breeze Crochet Dishcloth - on the upper left... more juggling with the scraps.. another nifty pattern to try.  Not really difficult but not a fave... the cloth turned out cute though!




#237 Lacy Shells Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the upper right.  This one was easy to do - and quick - and turned out gorgeous!  The BUT is that I'm not at all sure it will be a good dishcloth :-)  In a different size, it would make a fantastic afghan panel.  It will make a nice addition to a kitchen gift package though.. and may serve someone else just fine.

#238 Flower Child Crochet Dishcloth - on the bottom left.  LOVED doing this one - it is like a granny square.  Quick to work up - and very satisfying.  I will probably use up a lot of scraps making more of them.... Two of them stitched together would also make a good hot mat for the table.

These cloths are still available on www.bestfreecrochet.com and are located in the August 2011 archive

No comments:

Post a Comment