Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Road Trip.... Day 4 in Boston

Woke early and saw hubby off to class.....

Good intentions of exercising. early.. but since we returned to the room after breakfast... I sat down to the computer and started to work AND play. 

A few weeks ago, I gave up a game I had been playing to see how much I missed it.  While I DID miss it, and I made friends there (as you do in the internet world), I am finding that it still takes up too much time for me to really enjoy.  If I do not figure out a way to manage the time I spend on it.. I will have to give it up altogether. 

I did spend 45 min on the treadmonster and then a couple of hours at the pool... laying out and swimming!   AND reading my son's manuscript... bless him, I've read so many versions of it..... but it's really pretty good (if I am a judge!)  At any rate, reading it all the way through if one of the tasks I set for myself on this trip - since I have so much reading time.


Hmm.. what else did I do?  A bit of financial planning work.... a charted dishcloth (I brought the yarn & instructions but somehow didn't print out the chart... so had to do it at the computer!).. and worked a little bit on a couple of other projects.  The good part about driving is that you CAN bring projects with you :-)

When Don came back, we went to a nearby Latin restaurant - Pedros Latin Cuisine (thinking Mexican) but were pleasantly surprised at South American food!  Neither of us was very familiar.. and carefully chose things that were a little different (but not TOO much - we are a little adventurous - but not a lot!).... I did enjoy discovering yucca root (much more like potato than I imagined) and fried plaintain (as much like banana as I thought)  So far, we have been lucky with our restaurant choices - they have been great!

We came back for a quiet evening.... Don had work to do both for his job and for his class... and I curled up with an afghan I've been working on..

Tomorrow - I navigate the transit system on my own and go to Boston to meet a friend for lunch.... Don's class is supposed to let out early and he plans to join me.  I can't wait to go there - even if all I do is sit in the gardens... the Boston Public Gardens are incredibly beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your exploration of Boston! I was raised in the Cape Cod area and only visited Boston a few times...claustrophobia for this country gal....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Boston! I was here in '09 for the Breast Cancer 3Day Walk and the Jimmy Fund Marathon. It is a beautiful city! I was disappointed not to spend more time in the city but we may have to come up on a real vacation!

    ReplyDelete