Thursday, June 28, 2012

Crochet Post! Dishcloths #271-274 and 275-278 and more....

I don't know if it is the sunshine or the renewed interest in being outside in the garden, but I am feeling so much better about most things in my life!  I'm not sure I am getting more accomplished - but I am more philosophical about it.... and am definitely spending more time enjoying it!

I think I told you I finished up an afghan project I've been working on for a while... and I can honestly say that I am glad to see the end of it :-)  It was an interesting challenge and I did learn how to join granny squares without stitching them - and I will use this technique as often as I can!  I can also say without a doubt that sock yarn is not my chosen yarn :-)  Nor are these colors ones that I would choose.....


 BUT... I made it from a pattern a friend sent..... FOR that friend... and I made one for myself so that I can think of her.  It was a FUN thing to do simply because I wanted to - and that is a blessing all in itself :-)

Other than this, I am working on a couple more granny afghans in martial arts colors.... and I have 11 babies to create for this year!  A couple have already been born (sorry, friends) but most are due between August and October.... so I gathered up several colors of Pound of Love pastels and am working on several hat/sweater/bootie sets for the newborns.  For those babies who are already here, I hope to finish up an afghan or get a 12-month sweater/hat done for this winter!  Planning is happening!  

On to the dishcloths:


#271  Summer Lime Lines Crochet Dishcloth pictured below on the upper right - I enjoyed doing this one... it has a nice nubby texture and was quick to work up... it will be a nice complement to a gift basket - and would be fun to do in different colors for friends

#272 - Puff Stitch Crochet Dishcloth - below on the upper left...  I don't mind doing puff stitches, though they are not my favorites... but I didn't care for the way they turned out on this cloth.  It's okay but not a repeat



#273 Tea Pot Crochet Dishcloth - can you find it??  This is a cute cloth to give to a tea drinking friend.  It's just cute - and easy to do :-)

#274 Kitten Crazy Crochet Dishcloth  Bottom left  Supposedly this pattern looks like little kittens.. and I confess that their cloth resembles kittens more than mine... I THINK because of the variegated thread confusing the issue.  Still a pretty cloth and good instructions!


the next 4 cloths are pictured below:


#275 Wavy Ripple Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left - this one was fun to do!!  I had to pay attention.... and used mostly scraps for it.. but it turned out cute and makes me smile :-)

#276 Purple Puffs Crochet Dishcloth - below on the bottom right.  So I had to go BUY more yarn for this one... I could hardly use any color BUT purple with a name like this :-)  I like these puffs a little more than on the last cloth.  My main concern though is that one of the threads will pull and the pattern will mess up... especially if this is used as a cleaning cloth.




#277 Dips and Stripes Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the upper left.  I used the last bit of a variegated color & the only color I had at the time to go with it... an interesting pattern with a good texture to it.. I think it is a good basic cloth

#278  White Diamonds Crochet Dishcloth  Pictured above on the upper right.  This one is really pretty and was easy to do....  I like it but am not sure I like it as a dishcloth.  This is another of those that I think would make a great afghan square!  (especially for an Elizabeth Taylor fan :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment