Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crochet Post! Dishcloths #279-282 and #283-286 and more!



I am working on lots and lots of baby stuff again :-) These two little sets are representative of the ones I am making.  They don't have the booties with them because I needed to send the little blue sweater & hat to its new home right away.  I will send the booties later when I finish them.


 I have put the martial arts afghans away for a little while so I can work on all my new baby things.  I have several things on the agenda - it will be a while before I can share any finished objects :-) especially since the booties will live in my sewing basket for a bit before I wind them up!

I still have ONE more dishcloth to do and TWO to finish stitching before I finish the whole 365 dishcloth challenge :-) (Maggie Weldon's 2011 Dishcloth a Day Challenge at www.bestfreecrochet.com)  All the patterns are still in the archive if you find any you like.

The one I am stuck on is called the Crocodile Stitch.... I will have to put down baby sweaters for a few days to figure the thing out!

Dishcloths for the week are below:


#279 Christmas Flower Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left, this pretty variation on the granny square works up quickly and easily.  It's lovely in Christmas colors but I think it would make a really pretty scrap afghan!

#280 Shell Variation Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the upper left in a baby pastel variegated cotton yarn, this is another pretty pattern that works up quickly.  I didn't like the way the border is done.... or maybe it's me, but I couldn't quite get it to lie flat.  I think I would use the pattern again - but probably for a long scarf.  I think that would do better than a flat dishcloth.



#281 Liberty Square Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the upper right.  This one is a bit unusual in the pattern stitch - done in alternating rows of double and single crochet.  It adds an extra level of interest with variegated yarn - but I think it would be pretty with different colors on each row too!

#282 Linked Leaves Crochet Dishcloth - above on the lower right.  Oh my - I did not like this one!  I almost always enjoy figuring out a new pattern, so that part was okay.  That said - once I figured it out - I don't like it.  It stretches too much.. I think it will snag when I try to clean with it. 

The next four cloths are shown below:

#283 Berry Bushes Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the upper right.  I LOVE this pattern for dishcloths!  Easy to do, it's nice and nubby.. exactly right for the product :-)  That said, I messed up somewhere around the middle and lost track of stitches.  It's not exactly square.. but will definitely serve the purpose... and it's worth trying again to make for gifts :-)

#284  Candy Corn Crochet Dishcloth... hmmm..... I bet you can guess this one :-)  Definitely easy and cute and will be fun to make for the grandkids!



#285  Orange Blossom Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the lower right.  This one shows how much a small applique can do!  This is nothing but an orange circle with a flower applique - and it's adorable!

#286  Christmas Star Crochet Dishcloth - another FAVE!  I found this pattern worked up really quickly once I laid the foundation.  An easy, impressive gift idea :-)

Have fun crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment