Thursday, February 2, 2017

Marmalade Wrap-Up part 2 :-)

OKay - I didn't exactly stop making marmalade....

I still had enough oranges for a second batch of plain Orange marmalade (if you remember, my first batch was pretty much syrup)....




This one did really well - except that cheap thermometer never did hit the required 220 degrees.  But the freezer-plate test worked for the set :-)

and then.... random citrus in my larder is on its way to being Five Fruit marmalade.  Don't you just love being able to search the internet?  I was just thinking about the citrus I had left and what kind of marmalade might work.... and found it!  Grapefruit, lemon, lime, orange and clementine.....  pretty tasty :-)

And an orange that will be eaten today!

I have a few more recipes to try later on.... but am really through for now... I think.   Total production was 4 cases of half pints, 8 quarter pints...... and a tasting jar of each in the fridge.  And only one jar out of all that had a seal that didn't take. 


Time to turn my brain to February's salt preserving challenge....


No comments:

Post a Comment