Friday, December 14, 2012

Bread Adventures Brioche filled with Chocolate Ganache

Baking along with Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois

Using up the leftover brioche dough.... I moved on to the next recipe: Brioche Filled with Chocolate Ganache

***
What a hoot!  I made ganache!  A veteran wordsmith, I have been able to SPELL it forever... even knew what is was - sort of..   But the thought of little ol' kitchen-challenged me actually making something with that name?  Well... yes, I did....  Nobody ever told me it was just melted chocolate with some added ingredients.  How fun!

Of course this is the first time I had to create a double boiler..  see the photo :-)  Bowl in steamer basket over boiling water.  Microwave is an option but the last time chocolate, the microwave and I got together- it was not pretty... so I figured I had nothing to lose trying this :-)



And it worked just fine :-)

I rolled out the dough, spread half the chocolate on it and rolled it up jelly roll style..... then baked it!



 Obviously messed up somewhere because the dough ended up with a hole and chocolate oozed out!  But that is cosmetic, not taste - so it's all good so far for this adventure!



Poured the rest of the ganache over the top and it looks yummy!!


When I cut it open I realized that I hadn't let it bake quite long enough.  I still don't have the hang of timing.... but it was pretty enough to serve :-)

The chocolate itself was more bitter than we like.  If I make this again, I will use a milder chocolate than the bittersweet one suggested.... but we all had fun and enjoyed tasting something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment