Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday .... Summer Reading...

..So here we go!! 

Starting over.. sharing in a blog again.. I am sure over the course of a little time, I will be able to share some of the journey I have been on for the last couple of years.

I don't have a clinical name for my introspection - but I am certain it has something to do with a nest emptying..... with rediscovery of my spouse and my role in our life together  (an ongoing process, for sure!!) ..... and the unfolding drama of figuring out just exactly WHO I AM....  now that 24/7 mom is NOT IT.

Leaving all that aside.... I start sharing again today.  Please, dear readers, bear with me as I pick up the threads of the journey again.

I begin with some of my reading journey.  As you probably know (since you might know ME), I am a voracious reader.  I always have been.... but I started logging a few years ago and now I am sure :-)  I almost always finish the books I start.... and I almost always read it all....  I mean, if it is a cookbook, I have read through all the recipes....  if it is an exercise book, yes, I read through the exercises...  if it is a craft book.... you guessed it!  I am still - years later, still baking my way through Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day....  but I have lost track of how many strombolis I have made from it....  or za-atar spice bread.

I usually read 3-4 books at a time... light fiction, historical fiction, history. mysteries - but NOT gory ones (I do not enjoy being spooked!), how to's, and lots of self-help and inspirational books....  just about anything could catch my interest.. cereal boxes and signs... 

Today I opened my first (and second) official summer reading books....  one from the library, one not....  (well, wait a minute, I should probably check if the one that is NOT from the library COULD have been.. and check it out......    okay, it's not)  [and, yes, my friends, my brain works just like that!]

Anyway.. since I finished two books this morning, it is just in time for our library's summer reading program!  I am not eligible this year... another story for another day....  But it is THE PERFECT morning to begin!

Book #1  The Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop and Cafe by Mary Simses  (looks to be a light, enjoyable read!)  and book #2 Hungry; a Young Model's Story of Appetite, Ambition and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves  (I can't remember how I came to own this one.... but it looks interesting)

My personal goal is to a) read from my library to boost circulation and b) read from my personal stash to give away... and c) to share them with you as I go along.  My hope is to encourage YOU to read this summer and perhaps give you some titles to get you going!  (Or maybe I can encourage you to read from your stash so you can declutter.....  or maybe I can just make you smile!)

At any rate - I hope you have a wonderful Monday.....  and create a space in your life to read a chapter or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment