Thursday, February 3, 2011

Accountability

One of the hardest things for me to decide is how to be accountable for my resolutions.

I have tried telling people and asking for help... this usually deteriorates over time to nagging, frustration and unhappiness.   Everybody involved is left with feelings of helplessness and failure.

I have tried rigorous programs to MAKE my resolutions come true.  This usually leads to a very tense, strenuous few weeks and limited short term success for ONE resolution.  Unfortunately it also leads to frustration and anger both for me and for everyone I live and deal with, ie the people who love me.  Which in turn, leads to feelings of helplessness and failure.

Checklists are cool..... but so far I haven't had the time to prepare them... and I decided this year to JUMP in and not wait until I think I am prepared and ready.  Somehow I am great at all the prep work but not so hot at the actual DOing :-)  For example, I tend to LOVE buying stationery, cards and pens.... but the actual WRITING of the notes is not my strength!

So this year, my accountability is reinforced by daily review and I am hoping that I will settle upon something reasonably manageable.   Formal monthly review and re-evaluation is one of the tools I've chosen that seems do-able.  By the end of the year, I will have a life habit of resolution and review that will stand me in good stead.  Hopefully, my journey to life improvement will help you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment