Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Gift of Saturdays

This Saturday, for me and my household, is one of the sweet quiet kind.  The kind of day when you roll over one extra time before getting up to greet the sun.... the kind of day that stretches out in front of you offering lots of opportunities... the kind of day where you can mosey and meander and choose how to spend it.

Of course I have PLENTY of things to keep me occupied.  There is a 4 mile training walk waiting for me, lots of packing to do with all the attendant last minute housecleaning & food preparation chores, and paperwork to get off my desk so that vacation can be just that and lists of other chores that need to be handled.  But the sun is shining and the day ahead beckons to me.
 
The temptation is to either buzz around like a maniac.. and have my Saturday pass by in a haze of anxiety and 'busy'-ness... or to STALL..  do neither my chores NOR have fun... and my Saturday will still pass me by...  Too many days slip away with no real memory of how they passed!

So my challenge is to THINK where I want to be on Saturday night!  How can I BEST spend this gift of a day so that I feel tremendous this evening?  How can I move purposefully through this day and get the most out of it?

Me - being me - I want it all!  I want to sit back this evening knowing that I got the things done that will bother me the most (if they do not get accomplished)  AND I want to sit back and smile because I did some things that simply please me :-) 

I will do both - get things done and have some fun!  I will be a good steward of time and make sure that this gift of a day doesn't slip away from me

So I'm off to sweep some floors, put dinner in the crockpot and then do my walk in the beautiful sunshine :-)

What will you do today?  How will you best use this gift of a Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment