Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 1

Okay, it's official.  Either daybreak is an all-day occurrence.. or roosters DO crow all day.  My experience with roosters is limited but they surely crow all day here... incessant rooster crowing is the background sound :-)

I am up at 5.... wanting to use the quiet hours to think and write.  Posting photos has become problematic.  The internet is very slow.. so bear with me, friends!  The internet comes back around 9am... weird from my experience.. usually I find that internet service is faster when no one is awake!  At any rate, I do what I need to do.... and my people are all still asleep!

We can't get hold of my cousin - the cell phones won't work!  Oh no.. what to do!  I know that she wants to help us plan our trip but I was not able to get hold of her last night. The phone keeps dropping the call.   I sent an email to her since the call to her cell phone wouldn't go through.  At 9:30 this morning.. a voice mail arrived... from LAST NIGHT!  Yikes!  I wish I had her land line number!

I sent another email with the number of the condo phone... my guys were moving in SLOW MOTION today... so I deserted them and went to the pool to read and sun bathe.  Eventually my cousin got my email and called the condo phone...   

We decided we would meet for dinner and talk about plans for the upcoming days.

So then my husband, son and I went for a walk to find some lunch.  We headed down to Mongoose Junction - about a mile... and ate at the Sun Dog Cafe.  What fun!  To sit and people watch :-)  I did try some ahi tuna that my husband got in a salad (okay to try - no way to order!) and I ordered a jerk chicken taco that was fine,, but not a repeat.  BUT the important part was the TRY :-)

I won't go into the RUM drinks we tried :-)  Unless you ask!  I did get a recipe for one that was awesome... but only if you like Baileys and Kahlua. It was good enough to be illegal :-)

We walked back to the condo and arrived shortly before my cousins.  I say walk - but this is HIKING!


The gang started cooking while the other took me to get my race packet...well.... race NUMBER, I'm not sure I would call it a packet!

During dinner we enjoyed each others' company and solved all the problems of the world while we watched the sun go down over St Thomas... and decided that tomorrow would be a hike at Reef Bay including a dip and a picnic lunch for me.  My men will be left to their own devices to discover something to share with me later :-)  But I will get my hike and island history :-)

I hope you are making the most of your own adventures...  more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment