Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Summer Reading 6 - July 28, 2014

      Where are the weeks going?  I had my granddaughter for part of the week and read several books... like Horton Hears a Who and Where the Wild Things Are... but I can't add them to MY list, only to hers!  We did more baking and sewing than reading.... and had a wonderful time.

Below are the completed books I have to offer this week:

The Weekend Quilt by Leslie Linsley
  Now I have to qualify - I don't usually add crafting books to my reading.. though I check out many of them!  But this one I did read... cover to cover.  Super ideas for quick quilts.... lovely diagrams and clear instructions.  I would ALMOST BUY this book if I wasn't trying so hard NOT to buy :-)

Quilter's Academy Volume 1 - Freshman Year -
        Okay I didn't quite read this cover to cover.. so it doesn't count for my ongoing list of completed books....  BUT I DID read a good bit of it and wanted to share.  I LOVE it!  I am ALMOST ready to buy it!  I love the layout... even though I am no longer a complete novice... this series has a TON of information for me!  It also focuses on one block piecing skill at a time.. and offers several projects to perfect the skill.  So, as a beginner, one can move forward and create several quilts start to finish with knowledge of one or two types of piecing.  I decided to photocopy the first lesson or two (including projects)  IF I actually DO the projects to perfect my skills, I will consider buying the series and working my way through them.

A Thread of Truth by Marie Bostwick -

   #2 of the Cobblestone Quilt series, this book centers around a young woman taking her children and leaving her abusive husband.  The book revolves around the issue of domestic violence and how a group of quilters gathers round to create a  loving safe community.  (another of the light crafting novels I enjoy!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment