Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday - Summer Reading 3


Finished since last Monday....

A Single Thread by Marie Bostwick
     A quilting story - but a story of a community created BY quilting... people coming together and how they learn and grow together.  Sweet, light and extremely predictable (which is not a criticism!)

Not too much!!

I am in the middle of a Robert Galbraith right now - The Silkworm....  and I LOVE it!  It's the second of a detective series and is as gripping and interesting as the first one.  I am so thrilled with this series because it is actually by one of my favorite authors - JK Rowling!

  After the phenomenal success of Harry Potter, she wrote a book - Casual Vacancy - that I struggled to get through.  This series, though, she wanted to publish incognito to see if she could write something different than Harry Potter.  And she definitely can :-)  I don't think this series is going to be a runaway hit... but it's well crafted and I like it - so there ya go!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment