Thursday, July 31, 2014

Quilt Stories - Monsters & Dinosaurs for Chase (2 quilts) 2014

With a second grandson following on the heels of the first (one year and 2 days later to be exact!), I wanted to make sure I kept up with the quilting!

This daughter was a long time Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak fan ( which you can purchase here if you like).. and I saw this fabric at JoAnn Fabrics.  I do love getting books for little ones!  Combining a gifted quilt with a book is a particularly fun thing to do!




At any rate.... this quilt is done in a quilt as you go method like Orlando's Monster University quilt..... and I added burp cloths and a crib sheet to match.

Burp cloths courtesy of Amy Smart's tutorial at www.diaryofaquilter.com  at this link - Burp Cloth Tutorial.   Amy is one of the first internet teachers I had - she has an astounding number of great tutorials on her site!.

And crib sheets from www.danamadeit.com at this link - Crib and Toddler Bed Sheets.  This is another easy-peasy thing to make (and people think you are totally talented!)  I need to wander through her site a little more one of these days.

And then a rag quilt - because it was Chase's turn....
with dinosaur fabric and reds and blues...



but I made it so quickly and gave it away so fast that I forgot to get a photo :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment