Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 111 Apr 23

Somehow my goal posts are boring even me :-)

I need the accountability... I do need to swim around in the morass of my incessant TRYING to move forward in my life... WHILE enjoying my life.  Sometimes I think I am the only one with this constant struggle.  But I know better.

I do have to say that I am not one to need a lot of attention.  I really don't.  But I'm not afraid to put it out there.  I think more of us struggle than let on.  And I am not afraid to share my confusion... or my work

Depression haunts me.  The dual crises of kids leaving the nest and the inevitable marital crises has already cost me a couple of years... which is apparent by my confused blogging!  But it will not happen again!  I am determined.  I will obviously spend time confused and even dazed but I will not allow it to become days and weeks and months again.

So the things I share here... are my attempts.

to find peace

to pick up again and again every day and actively hunt for the joy

to show you that YOU are not alone... for I am convinced I am not

and to share the struggles to find joy... to find coping mechanisms that do not involve cheetos :-)....  to share the things I enjoy like flowers and reading and quilting... and to share my journey to live a full life.

My life 'on the edge' might not look like yours....  my little 'step out of the comfort zone' might be as simple as blue nail polish.... but it's mine and it's real... and it is good.

Life - real life - involves pruning.  Pruning is not comfortable... it involves change and change seems to get harder and harder.  But growth is magnificent at every age... so that is where I want to live.

A place where I am enough

A place where I can grow

This is my quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment