Sunday, January 21, 2018

Jan 21, 2018 Ramblings

I can't believe it's been 10 days since I posted..... somehow life just grabs you up and you keep on rolling!

Life is good..... my foot continues to heal and I have had a couple of days of almost no pain.  I'm still resting it a bit because it feels creaky - terrible explanation, I know... but if you've ever REinjured anything, You'll know what I mean!

Let's see.... some progress on the habit front.... I am doing well at working back up to my 10K steps.... the tea and fruit are more often than not - though not yet daily - and the foot stretches continue.  I also set up the home gym and am doing a light strength routine on it - working on a daily habit there too - though just beginning.

The Christmas decorations are packed away and put away in storage... just a few remnants left to stumble over - I hate the way things become invisible to me after time!  Just yesterday I recognized that a Christmas quilted wall hanging was still up and switched it out for a winter one.  It's those things... and there must be a few more :-)   I did get the Valentine box out so will probably discover the leftover Christmas when I set those goodies out.  It feels good to pull out the holiday decorations again!

I'm continuing on my fabric playing!  The mystery quilt - of course - and a few others that I've decided to work on this year.  I've been doing some cutting from my stash so I can work on them when I get a little further on the mystery.  AND... one of my grands requested Valentine pillowcases this year.  So I went to the store and got assorted fabrics for the 6 pillowcases.. and am working on those. 

And - the napkins - I don't think I've told you about those.  I get so tired of seeing all the pretty fabric I find stuffed away - when I don't quite know what to do with it!  I had a brainstorm a couple of years ago to make cloth napkins that first summer I had the grands.  They always have a lot of things they love - like cartoon characters or trucks or sea creatures or dinosaurs or whatever....  and I had some appropriate cute fabric stashed away that went with the theme.   Cloth napkins were a novelty to them and they loved the fabric!  Quick to make and fun :-)  Anyway, that summer they were a big hit.   Big enough that I did a second set for this past summer. 

I did NOT realize at the time how much enjoyment that I personally would get from handling my fabric!  Daily :-)  Washing, folding, using... I am petting my fabric all the time now :-)  So when Christmas time rolled around and I was going through things.... I pulled all the themed pieces I had and made napkins from the pieces big enough.... and then, there were the snowman pieces.... and now I am working on the Valentine ones :-) 

I'm sure it is silly - but I do love the fabric - and, since I am making holiday pillowcases for the grands... some of the napkins are the same fabric.  It tickles them to discover this at my table.  Makes for great conversation starters too.  And even the adults seem to enjoy rifling through the basket searching for a favorite napkin.

Anyway - if anyone reading this is interested, I can offer links or photos of both pillowcases and napkins - it's an easy peasy project that you can do alongside other projects.  Especially if you are a multi-tasker like me :-)

Today I am at home - I have a coffee date with a friend.... another vegan recipe to try [and tweak to edibility!]...  maybe bake some bread..... and I want to get the floors vacuumed and mopped... at least the upstairs slate section!

Have a great Sunday and let me know how your year is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment