Sunday, January 7, 2018

Ramblings January 7, 2018

I sure did learn something yesterday!  Don't start a blog post and then try and come back... it just didn't work!

But anyway - My foot/ankle pain chased me all day - I think I've got some sort of tendonitis..  my insurance snafu should clear up in a few weeks but for now - I will manage!  The worst of it though was that I was sidelined - benched!  I didn't even get 5K steps in :-(  And managing the pain UNFOCUSED ME!

Boo - so no fruit... no tea... but a lot of foot stretching, icing, elevating....

cleaning/decluttering - I had hoped to catch up from the day before with a good sweep/dust/ mop of the living room/dining room/kitchen areas (I know better than to try and catch up!)..... and yesterday's task was the bathrooms.. I DID get mine done so that is something :-)

..and progress on the mystery quilt..... I will try to post a photo later on.  I'm having some difficulty finding a way to handle photos these days.  I'm still piecing - not yet assembling so there's nothing impressive to show yet

... a little work done on a temperature afghan...  using a pattern found here  (As We Go Stripey blanket) with colors found somewhere else and tweaked to fit my available yarn stash.  I put most of my yarn in our storage building after I injured my hand and - between the foot problems and the weather just can't get there right now - so am scrounging through the house for close enough colors!  Fortunately the COLD temps are my favorite COOL colors and I had some of that handy.  Just in case :-)

So today's agenda - is make sure the fruit and tea happen - to check the clean/declutter schedule and do that....

Let's see.. what else..... yep - Christmas sorting and packing up needs to happen around here.... and that will be on me.  I really want to go through all of it this year.  Usually I get through some of it and then throw my hands in the air and give up - and pack it all for next year.  It would be a huge accomplishment if I can actually deal with it and send labeled containers to the storage unit.  And - because I need to elevate my foot - I SHOULD be able to DO IT.


I have some Desk Work to make a little progress on....

Tomorrow the hubs flies out to Wisconsin - Brr.... though the MINUS 2 degrees this morning has prepared him well, I think.  I will spend part of the day making sure he has whatever he needs - and I need to be prepared to get back to my own job.  Tomorrow is a full day and I am so not ready!  This is the week I talk to my boss about my travel and time constraints and decide when to resign.  Last week was the week - but then snow and job closures, etc.  So... THIS week.  I have such mixed feelings because I do love my job.... but 6 months in - it's not the job I applied for at all.  AND our own business is requiring more travel and I need to do THAT.

Also have been working on cleaning out my electronic files.... changing my email is making me sort through and unsubscribe....  I will keep at it and delete, delete!

Okay - enough ramblings for now - time to start my day and see what i can do to make positive changes in my life and that of others.....  what will YOU do?

No comments:

Post a Comment