Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ramblings Jan 4, 2018

Good morning!

  Writing in the morning again - trying to set up my day...  all those ramblings yesterday!

Something terrible happened mid day.  The best friend of my co-worker died.  I mean - unexpectedly - died.  My age.  It reminds me more than ever that I need to do the things I want to do - now.

Lose weight, stay healthy, declutter, create, connect.... now.  I might not have tomorrow.

With yesterday's lack of focus- and happenings.... and another blessed day ahead of going nowhere....  I think I will start with the Power of One.  I've done it before ( Just One Thing  ) - but recently found an article at one of my favorite nutrition sites - UCDavis Integrated Medicine - that outlines what I am talking about.

Do ONE thing each day to move you toward the life you want.  Create the habits.

So - in that vein -

Food:

here are two things for me that will be non-negotiable for this month - Eat 1 piece of fruit daily and Drink 1 cup of tea daily.
            I am moving more and more towards plant-based eating but have definitely celebrated the holidays!!  Time to move back toward my normal.
    Fruit?  Because the only time I crave - or even want - fruit is when I am eating healthily.  I never ever choose fruit when I am eating too much processed stuff.  And the same with tea.  I am a coffee person - but I enjoy tea - WHEN I am eating healthily.

So - I continue on my veggie journey - but add fruit and tea somewhere in the day.

Movement:
    I have renewed an old foot injury so I will be careful here... in 2012 I started a daily mile habit which has stuck with me..  in 2015 I got a fitbit and am pretty good about keeping track of steps.  I was up to 11K daily before the holidays.  And also last year I managed 2 attempts at a daily 20-min exercise session using dvds.  I set up my total gym yesterday so I can work on fully body work without straining my foot.

  My 1 thing here is work on foot/heel stretches.  I have several things I need to work on but the health of my foot is first.  I will continue working on the daily walks and strength training - but my non-negotiable for January is stretches & strengthening my foot.

Cleaning / Decluttering:
    So big I get paralyzed! 
   But there is this chart that helps me a TON!  I have used it many times in the past and will pull it out again to get moving :-)  31 Day House Cleaning Routine   This is the best easiest chart I can find.

My 1 thing in this arena is to check each day - work in the assigned room for cleaning purposes and declutter ONE area in the room.

Okay - that is all I have for now.  My hope is that these specific ONE things will move me in a direction to create more..

Other areas I mentioned yesterday:
Financial
Learning
Reading
Crafting - Quilt
Crafting - Other

I will address them later... I'm not sure yet whether I want to tackle something daily or set a weekly goal for them.... 

Anyway - for me, for now:

Fruit
Tea
Walk
Clean/Declutter

I will report back - what are you doing to change your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment