Saturday, January 27, 2018

Ramblings January 27, 2018

It's a slow day at work - which may be good since I didn't get around to setting out thoughts this morning.  I actually had a chat with a friend about healthy living and our failures (can you tell how I am feeling today?) 

I was so committed to my weight loss 10 years ago and I don't know what happened?  well - I kind of do... that daily hour plus that I devoted to exercise replaced almost all of my crafting at the time...  and I was all consumed with logging every morsel of food that passed my lips....

and I don't want to live that way!

Yet... the weight is slowly creeping back.  My joints are hurting.  I still like to move - but don't.  And I stand in front of the fridge eating whatever while I try to figure out what to fix for dinner.  Yikes!

And I know I'm not alone in this....

so - what to do?

I'm afraid that one habit at a time isn't going to do it.  I think I need an all out focus again.... maybe a 6 month push to get it off yet again... and hopefully develop some better sense at the same time

I'm committing to logging my food and feelings today.  Not calories just yet - but a black & white, on paper, honest account of eating and drinking.  Maybe that will help me do a better job of paying attention. 

I logged my weight a few days ago. 

And need to get back on the total gym and increase my step count.

<sigh>

I hope, hope, hope that I can lose a few pounds and get excited again.


In other news... I am working on a temperature afghan this year - slowly working back into crocheting... at least enough to use up yarn in my stash...

I am on hat # 3 in the 'learn to loom knit' project....

and I am cutting and piecing up a storm.

In working on decluttering the kids' guest room, I have isolated the quilt tops, back and battings and will be making some quilt 'sandwiches' in the next week or so... and get them on the road to actually quilting and finishing.  I am at a point where I have way too many tops that are unfinished!

The decluttering is going well albeit slowly.  The two rooms I am working in - the library/gym and the kids' guest room have collected way too  much stuff as we have rushed through the house making it presentable.  And I am just now beginning to get things in order.  Probably really need to focus on decluttering the area where I exercise so that I will want to be there.   hmm.... maybe I should put a lamp near the treadmonster so I can read?  That may kill 2 birds with one stone....

anyway - today is work - then a couple of hours at home, then out to a little social thing and back home again....  not much 'home'work today...  maybe pull a salad together for the next few days?  sounds like a plan!

what are YOU doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment