Friday, January 5, 2018

Ramblings Friday Jan 5, 2018

so... I'll start by reporting back on what I promised....
   FRUIT: I ate an orange for breakfast
   TEA:  I had a cup of raspberry ginger tea near bedtime [almost forgot!  I think I will try to schedule it at that 3pm munchie moment - tea, anyone?]
   FOOT EXERCISES:  I did fascia exercises all throughout the day - specifically - calf raises on the stairs - and 2 for sitting - rolling a tennis ball under my foot and towel scrunches where you try to curl your foot and pick up a towel with your toes... those 3 stick with me somehow
   AND...
  CLEAN/DECLUTTER:  yesterday's cleaning assignment was 'clean an extra room'... so I went to laundry room and swept and dusted.  I looked around for a declutter in there and got paralyzed!  So.... I went back into my bedroom and emptied a bag left over from my early December trip to London - shampoos, train tickets, stuff I snagged from the hotels... you know - STUFF.  I found homes for all - AND packed the bag back into the big suitcase.. TA DA.
**********************************************

Doesn't sound like much - and actually I did a lot more - but that is what I promised - so that is what I report :-)  I actually have a mindset right now to neaten up wherever I end up.... so that is helping - can I make THAT a habit?  Who knows?

So - today is another snow day - and yesterday my work - the library - actually is closed now until Monday.  So more thinking and doing.  I got two walks outside yesterday - and today I promised to help shovel the driveway so the cars can get out.  Mind you - 'driveway' is what we call the circle drive at my house - living in the country means you can double or triple whatever you imagine a driveway is :-)

It's a good time to pull out one of the Christmas decoration boxes and start my 'put away'.  It's way past time to sort and toss or redistribute or something.... I have years of treasures packed away that haven't seen the light of day in years - time to clean out as I repack for next year.  

I tried a new recipe yesterday - and am not sure what to do with it.  The trouble with vegan recipes is that they are so boring!  I don't care for meat much - but somehow am missing seasoning.  We never did use a lot of processed stuff - but salt?  Yeah - it's missing.  And the color of the soup was boring too - I might have to add some green beans just to make it look better.  Anyway - today for the tweaking... I'm just hoping the texture will work - it looks gummy.  [can you tell that I made it and couldn't eat it?]  Really healthy I am sure - chickpeas, orzo, red lentils.....  but how healthy is it if I can't eat it? And if I can't eat it - I sure can't sell (serve) it!

I also made a calzone using up some lunch meat from the freezer and that worked really well :-) - and used a random freezer item to boot!

Thought a little more about other goals....

*the quilting is a whole other occupation :-)  I have quilts in all stages of completion!  Last year I made a lot of tops while I shopped for a new machine to quilt them with....  right now I am working on a mystery top and prepping some other goodies at the same time.  I am trying to decide right now whether to have my other machine serviced and then set them both up - one to piece, one to quilt - or to switch at some point soon.  I am definitely not starting to SEW another project until this mystery is done.  Or I should say NEW project!  I do have a couple going at the same time because that is how I work best.
    this year I must - finish up some of the tops (turn them into quilts)
                                get quilts finished for the rest of my kids
                                get moving on some specially designed gift quilts
                                 finish some of the half done tops
 By the time I finish this top in the next week or so - I will have a game plan for the above

*other crafting - I pulled out the knitting looms last night to make a hat.  I've never taken the time to learn to use the thing though I've had it for years.  Crocheting was faster... now crocheting very much causes pain - so I need another way to use up yarn!  And learning - killing two birds with one stone :-)  I will do a little bit each day and see how it goes

*financial - still not sure about the goals.  I will do a little paperwork each day.  Balancing bank statements, cleaning files, scans & emails - I have both business and paperwork.  I should probably include my Children's Liturgy blog in this category - not that it is a big moneymaker - but it IS something I do that people pay for and I have not been keeping up with it very well. - so the category is more 'desk work' - than financial

AND I want to add another category that I don't know how to name yet.  It has to do with USING UP or repurposing or NOT purchasing..... maybe FRUGAL?  Like yesterday's USE UP of the lunchmeat that accidentally ended up in the freezer that no one would touch... but in the middle of a calzone it was a star!

I guess that is it for now... still trying to think of a good format for the blog.  I did used to like to have a Work in Process day.... and I will work on my finished projects for the last year or so - the Quilt Stories.... but I will back date them....  not sure now - but thank you for listening :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment