Friday, January 26, 2018

Jan 26, 2018 Ramblings....

Still plodding along.... another week draws to a close.....

Friday morning.... thinking about what to get done before I go to work at 12:30..

I looked back and it's been several days to catch up on... I started a post the other day but simply didn't get there.  Somehow life seems to grab me before I get my thoughts down!

It's been a good week - I've actually gotten some cleaning & sorting down... not terribly much but enough to make me feel some progress.  At the moment, I am trying to make 2 rooms usable..... our library which has the gym equipment & a guest room with a couple of bunk beds.  Both are used somewhat for storage of things I haven't known what to do with!  There are way too many plastic tubs with things tossed in from anywhere and multiple time periods.  Tubs with legos left from the youngest kids.... open tubs of pictures taken down from walls when painting... tubs with random clutter from rooms being painted / rearranged....  clothes that fit me once upon a time (and might again?)... and then there's just one more skein of yarn....  you know - STUFF!

I need to get back to working out today - with my foot issues, the total gym is my answer.  What I've been doing instead is wandering in and out between the two rooms, moving clutter, tossing trash, repacking into new containers....  I definitely need to to that too - but still.... my goal of exercise is not happening the way I'd like.

I do feel good about things in general though - the dust is getting to my allergies - but that really tells me that I am getting somewhere :-)  Unearthing a bit of this and that and disposing of it makes me feel like I am coming back to life.  I've been climbing out of depression for the last year or so... but surveying my surroundings makes me realize all I have neglected!  From pictures that have not gotten on walls.... to the bazillion unfinished craft projects....  from tubs of holiday decorations that have not been sorted or used in years... to closets full of who knows what because I have not been able to bear opening the door!     And this, my friends, is what I am doing now with my sorting and decluttering.    It's still way- way too much for me to deal with - but if I can find one or two items in a room to get rid of.... or repack a tub (disposing of a few things).. then I am ahead!

Yesterday I did get a joyride of errands with my hubs.... dropping off birthday presents for my youngest grand - 2 today! - and hunting down 1099 forms that are due next week... my free ones from the IRS won't be here in time...  Doesn't sound like a big deal but it's 45 minutes one way - so we made an evening of it by adding in dinner :-)

I'm enjoying my time at work though I do look forward to having more time to take care of things here at home.  One more week as of tomorrow.... I will miss it - but I need the time.

So I didn't have much to offer you today - a generic update on me...  still crafting... quilt & crochet at the moment... and I need to plot out meals for a few days. 





No comments:

Post a Comment