Friday, January 12, 2018

Ramblings Jan 11, 2018

Well... I did it.

I resigned from my job.

And I have mixed emotions that I have not shared here - I do have several unpublished posts from the last 6 months as I wrestled with the decision because I LOVE most of my job.  But the actual work does not fit the job description and does not fit my work-life balance.  It has too many restrictions on my life for the benefit it brings.  Period.

And the emotional roller coaster of juggling the mixed messages and lack of communication with bosses - no, I won't miss that.  My life will be better having shed that part.

I will miss the people though.  Working at the library gave a shape to my days and provided me with a place where people were happy to see me - and I kept up with the town news.  I will have to find a way to replace that.

I feel oddly light - I was dreading the conversation but it was sort of anti-climactic.  Maybe they were waiting for me to go.   No clue - but anyway - it's onward and upward and gratitude for the opportunity.... and gratitude for what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment