Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bread Adventures Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day - Spinach Feta & Sund-Dried Tomato & Parmesan

Still baking away from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day !

This week, I have had fun with holiday potlucks!  Do you have any idea how cool it is to show up with bread you baked yourself?  Well.. maybe you do if you are a baker of desserts... but I am the lady who brings the salad (since every potluck needs one :-)   So now - I bring salad and bread  - what fun!

anyway - the loaves below were a blast! 

Spinach Feta... most people say YUM..... sounds dubious to me...  I DO like feta cheese - and I do like fresh spinach.. but cooked?  Even steamed spinach is not something I care for... but in the interest of experimentation, here I go!

I did substitute frozen chopped spinach... and then another dilemma... each batch of dough is supposed to make 4 loaves though I seem to only get 3.... but still... who wants 3 loaves of something no one will eat?   The directions say that it is easy to double or halve.... double, I agree... but to HALVE it, I need to figure out half of 1.5 tablespoons of yeast.... and this is too much work for me!   But it's okay - I am finding that bread is a very forgiving thing to make :-)


Next fun bread is Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Bread

before I roll it up!

I baked extra loaves for my church group and do have some willing victims to try it out so we will see what happens!  AND I need to figure out what to do with the leftover spinach....  chop it up and hide it somewhere...


Both breads were demolished when I shared them..... I thought the spinach bread was okay - but others raved about it!  I was really surprised.... I might be able to use that extra spinach in more bread for gifts or potlucks :-)   The sun-dried tomato - parmesan was exquisite!  It was reminiscent of pizza so even the tomato haters loved it.  I will definitely make that one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment