Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crochet Post :-) Dishcloth Challenge #119 through #126 and more!

       Lots of crocheting this week!  I have started back with my 3Day Walk training which includes 2 days with long endurance walks.  Since I work at home and need to be available, I do most of that on a treadmill..... I know, YUK!  But my compromise is that I watch the television programs that I record at night and crochet patterns that do not suck up too much of my brainpower.  I can do 3 miles in an hour with all that going on!   So you will be surprised in the next week or so when I start featuring more patterns.  I am within 10 cloths of being caught up to present on the patterns that are being published daily on www.bestfreecrochet.com for Maggie Weldon's Dishcloth Challenge.

I will also be working on some projects from www.bevscountrycottage.com as I run out of easy dishcloth patterns.  Bevs FREE patterns to crochet and knit for charity are well-written and easy enough for a novice to create beautiful items :-)

So - here are the week's cloths for your enjoyment!

#119 Retro Ripple Crochet Dishcloth in the lower left corner and #120 Illusions Dishcloth in the lower right corner are both done with thin crochet thread.  The instructions specify using 2 strands of thread worked together.   The instructions are fairly easy and I did get to use up some of the thread handing around in my stash of goodies!  They still don't have the thick weight I look for in a dishcloth though they might be fine for washcloths.. I'm not sure - but they are pretty!




# 121  Poliwhirl Crochet Dishcloth pictured in the upper left corner was a LOT of fun to make!  Using the two colors and working over the color not being used gives it a bit of a thicker weight for washing up.  And it was fun to watch the colors and swirls emerge!

#122 Tulip Crochet Dishcloth in the upper right corner is worked diagonally.  This type of block crochet stitch is new to me though I can see that there are several more coming up!  I will reference back to this one as I describe the others!  I found it fun to do but am not sure about the look of the colors that I carried across.  Usually when you have to carry a color (instead of ending off and rejoining), you cover it completely so that it cannot be seen in the final product.  I was not able to accomplish this on this cloth.  Threads being carried are still visible which messes the pattern up for me.  Still and all, it was easy to do and is a nice dishcloth!

The photo below has the next 4 cloths in it

#123 Fish Crochet Dishcloth pictured on the lower left.... this one has the diagonal stitch as well, like the tulip up above.  You can see the blue yarn that is carried through the orange fish.... I think it is my perfectionism that is showing here.... because it is still a cure little Nemo :-)

#124 Mosaic Plaid Ripple Crochet Dishcloth pictured on the lower right.  Alright... this one drove me nuts!  I'm not sure I ever did get it right.  I struggled the whole way through.... Yes, it is pretty but I promise I will never do another one.  I found the instructions confusing and the pattern hard to see.  It may simply be that my brain didn't grasp it... but this will be a one of a kind creation in MY world :-)




#125 - Framed Puff Stitch Crochet Dishcloth on the upper left..... This is a pretty pattern... not hard to follow and turns out nicely.  It did take a bit more time than I like.... but the end product is beautiful!

#126 - Pink Triple Posts Crochet Dishcloth on the upper right.  I had fun with this one!  You can't really see the post crochet stitches in the photo - and honestly, the variegated yarn hides them too.  But they are arranged in a lovely pattern.  If I do this again, I will probably do it in a solid color so that you can see the stitch pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment