Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Crochet post! Dishcloth Challenge #159 through 166.. and more!

A busy week with the crochet hooks!  I am blessed to have a friend who has kept my dogs several times for me.  I finished up this stocking for her canine companion...

and then....more hats!
These worked up quickly for a family one of my groups was sponsoring for Christmas

And two very silly cupcake hats for the grandgirls!


Dishcloths for this week:

#159 - Christmas Tree Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left.  This cloth uses a typical granny square type arrangement of stitches so is fairly easy to do.  It is made in two pieces that had to be sewn together.  I chose to do the edging using two strands of metallic crochet thread just to give it a little sparkle!

#160 - Simplicity Crochet Dishcloth - Below on the bottom right.  Done in alternating rows of double, half-double and single crochet, this cloth has a nice texture to it.  It's a pretty cloth and easy to do - definitely will do this one again!

#161 - Baby Steps Crochet Dishcloth - Pictured above on the upper left.  I apologize for the photo.  I used a variegated pastel cotton thread that didn't show up very well.  The stitches are lacy.. each row a little different from the one before.. a nice effect.

#162 - Summer Splash Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the upper right.  This one is worked like a granny square too - only in an oblong shape.  It's unusual and works up quickly...  Funny - I was just looking at it and wondering why mine was not as angular as the picture on the instructions... and I noticed that the last row of instructions is missing (according to the photo).  It should have a final row of double crochet around the outside.   Still pretty though!

The next set of four dishcloths is pictured below:

#163 - Fast & Easy Blue Crochet Dishcloth - Guess which one it is!  Just kidding - I used the right color this time :-)  The bottom left!  This one is done in alternating rows of Triple crochet and half-double crochet... works up easily and has clear instructions!

#164 - Juanita Rose Crochet Dishcloth - below on the bottom right.  This is a smaller size cloth (which I prefer) done in post crochet.  The post stitches give it a bit of texture that will make it super for cleaning!


#165 - Summer Rose Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the upper right.  Absolutely beautiful!  Some of these are so pretty that it is hard to imagine cleaning with them - but I kind of think they will help bring a smile to cleaning!  Another thing to remember though is that many of these patterns will also work well in afghans or other items.

#166 - Strawberry Fields Crochet Dishcloth - on the upper right.  I struggled a little bit with the instructions for this one - but it worked up quickly once I got it.  It's an unusual combination of colors - not exactly to my taste - but a neat concept.  Glad I tried it!

Remember - these patterns are all on www.bestfreecrochet.com    Free until February 2012...  Check out Maggie Weldon's other patterns while you are poking around.. what a super talent she has!

No comments:

Post a Comment