Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crochet post! Dishcloth Challenge #143 through 150 & more

       It's been a great week for getting things done :-) It is hard for me to limit what I do right now.. but I know that I am down to the Christmas wire!  No more extras (the dishcloths I am sharing have been done for a long time :-).... it's time to state what I will finish before the big day!

  I have two hats for the grandbabies that I will finish.... I have a pet stocking I am making for a friend... I have hats I am finishing up for my daughter to give as gifts... and I have one more thing that I would LIKE to make for the grandgirls but it will be fun.. and I will either finish it or not... doesn't matter!  It will be extra and will bring me joy to make so it's a good thing to do!

  I finished sweaters for the grand girls for Christmas presents....

and another....   by the way, the link for this FREE pattern is: http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/fun-time-cardigan

and matching hats :-)  But the hats I already gave when it turned cold.... I didn't want my daughters to run out and buy hats that would fit!


Of course - this is a FREE pattern too!  It looks cuter on a head than it does flat - the back is all like a curly ponytail and absolutely adorable!   http://home.inreach.com/marthac/ponytailhat.html

Next week, I'll show you the other projects I finished!

Dishcloths for this week are:

#143 Blue Ridge Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the bottom left - this one drove me crazy.... I could definitely get the same effect with a lot less work.  It turned out pretty but definitely not a repeat.

#144 Beginner's Luck Crochet Dishcloth - right beside it :-)  I loved this one!  easy and fun to do - clear instructions - the variegated yarn I used reminds me of those big candy lollipops!



#145  Yipes Stripes Crochet Dishcloth  - above upper left - interesting technique.... took a while because it is all single crochet - but turned out pretty well and is nice and sturdy.

#146  Rose Granny Crochet Dishcloth - above - on the upper right - pretty, pretty!  Sat in the sewing basket for a bit because I needed to sew the center motif on - but the square itself was fairly simple

The next 8 dishcloths are pictured below :

#147 Beach Stripes Crochet Dishcloth - loved the color combo on this one!  It is a mixture of double crochet and single crochet that is fun to do.

#148 Forget me Not Crochet Dishcloth - below on the bottom right - turned out to be gorgeous!  Easy to follow instructions - simple combinations of stitches that worked up quickly for a fantastic result


#149 Mint Bobbles Crochet Dishcloth - Pictured above on the upper left - took a little longer but with a great result.. I'm not sure I like it as a dishcloth but I think that several of these in different colors would make a pretty afghan

#150 Wild Rose Crochet Dishcloth pictured on the upper right - a great way to use up little scraps!  It was fun to figure out and fairly quick to work up.  The center flower will make a good scrubber... and it is pretty as well!

Hope you try some of these... remember the site is www.bestfreecrochet.com
The patterns are free until February 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment