Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Crochet Post! Dishcloth #151-154 & 155-158 and more!

This has been the week of HATS!!!

I feel like I have made TONS of hats - probably because I HAVE :-)  My daughter honored me by asking me to make hats for her to give some of her friends for Christmas.  I was surprised and pleased to do it!  I made extra at the same time for some family members - so it was an assembly line production!

I made toddler hats
and kid hats (almost all of the hats were for little girls!)


Some were made for specific people... some are left over to give away later! 

I DO make things upon request for donations towards my Breast Cancer 3Day Walk in Atlanta November 2012... I will need to raise $2300 and every dollar counts!


For the dishcloth challenge, this week I will share...

#151 - Ocean Weave Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the top left - Absolutely beautiful but took FOREVER!   First of all, it is bigger than all the rest I have done... and takes a smaller hook.  It is designed so that you can weave in a different color... and it turns out really pretty.  For me though, probably not a repeat.  I like a smaller cloth for cleaning.  I might consider it for an afghan though!

#152  Harvest Rows Crochet Dishcloth - pictured below on the upper right.  It's a unique way to use half-double crochet stitches and is quick and easy to do.  The color I chose is not exactly a harvest color but I wanted to see how this one worked up!  This pattern works well with variegated colors!


#153 - Red Mum Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the bottom right... turned out really pretty!  The stem and leaves are worked in the cloth using a chart but the flower is worked separately and sewn on.  Very nice!

#154 Country Twists Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the bottom left.  Another nice one for using up smaller bits of leftover colors!  Great instructions - works up quickly and turns out well!

The second set of 4 is pictured below:

#155 - Square Puff Stitch Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the bottom left... the bright colors I used camouflage the puffy stitches.  It has a nice tight feel to it and will be great for cleaning.

#156 - Candy Cane Lane Crochet Dishcloth - pictured on the bottom right... Pretty... but I had a hard time counting the stitches on this one.  I'm not fond of patterns that make me work this hard :-)  Seriously, it's me, not the pattern.. and it make be super for someone else!  I do like the way it turned out.


#157 - Holly Square Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the left.  Another one I probably won't repeat unless one of my kids asks me to :-)  The berries and leaves were crocheted separately and stitched on.. so you KNOW it sat in my sewing basket for way too long!  And it is more decorative than useful in my opinion... probably better suited for a lap afghan than a dishcloth.

#158 - Festive Rows Crochet Dishcloth - pictured above on the right.  The pattern used a variegated yarn in Christmas colors... I chose a more summer-y pattern because that is when I made it!  Worked up quickly and I like doing this one...

Remember all these patterns are on www.bestfreecrochet.com... free until February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment