Wednesday, December 9, 2015

WIP Wednesday 12/9/15

Coming back from our Thanksgiving trip.... and jumping right into THE QUILTING of the grand quilts!

I know I bit off more than I can chew - but there ya go.... it's what I do :-)

So... first off, I can say that I am continuing to use up my cotton yarn in crocheted dishcloths....

Not terribly exciting, I know - but I am thinking.. since I have a  lot of them now.. I may roll each one up and tie it with ribbon and carry a basket of them around with me.  It IS Christmas and I don't want to own all these cloths!  Everyone can use a dish or bath cloth.

I did find a pattern for cosmetic sponges (wipes) that I will make with the last of the tiny balls.... since one of my new practices is makeup!  Or attempting it anyway - who says old dogs can't learn new tricks?  But those are for AFTER I make all the cloths I can...

The quilts....  I tackled the vehicle panel one first.. and it is a toughie.  I quilted enough to bind it....  I do love making a scrappy binding and seeing how it comes out....




That one is now half-quilted and bound.  I still need to do a little more stitching but need to think about where and how...

I set it aside to clip strings last night and Diva decided to help...



So I moved to the next boy quilt - my cloudy day with the blue triangles

I was totally shocked that it quilted up quickly.  I had a plan and things went smoothly!  Squared and bound... it just needs to be labelled!

Two more to go (and the vehicle one to finish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment