Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crochet post :-) Dishcloth # 53 through #58 and More!

A baby gift done!  What a great feeling :-)  This is a blanket using colors that were on the registry choices..... I followed instructions for a baby blanket in a book I have - but didn't realize that it would turn out so large!  I didn't think I would ever finish it - but this little boy will have an afghan to use for several years to come.  I enjoyed making it but am thrilled to be finished :-)  I DO like winding up a project that has taken a while to do...




I made some more lovies this week :-)  I have a goal to make 40 in the month of May and it looks like I will make it! I am halfway there :-)




And then for dishcloths!

#53 In Motion Dishcloth - pictured on the bottom left in a pretty variegated print.  This is a fairly simple double crochet pattern that would be great for beginners.

#54 Cherry Dishcloth in the bottom center... I loved the way this one turned out but of course it was more work than I usually like :-)  It begins with a variation of a granny square as the base with a pretty red edging.  The leaves and cherries are crocheted separately and appliqued on.  I did not follow the directions exactly for the stems.... the directions called for creating the stems with a chain stitch and then sewing the cherries and leaves.  That would mean (to my understanding) either that you need to stitch the stem down or leave it loose.  For me this was an extra step.  I crocheted the stems right onto the base after I positioned & stitched the leaves and cherries.

#55 Blue Rattan Dishcloth (or in this case GREEN).  This is another fairly simple block pattern.  It would be a nice compliment to a group of dishcloths.

Maggie Weldon's Dishcloth Challenge

#56 Pretty Pastels Dishcloth on the top left is indeed really pretty.  It has a lot of chains in it - which makes it easy but is not my favorite technique. 

#57 Pineapple & Leaves Dishcloth is pictured in the center on the top row.  This is another of the dishcloths that is a little tricky to figure out :-)  It turned out lovely though and reminds me of lace doilies :-)

#58 Dreams of Springtime Dishcloth is the final one for this week.  I made it in a cream and brown variegated color so it doesn't exactly look like springtime but it is nice in its own right.... the color of coffee with cream!

What handwork did you complete this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment