Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pantry Purge #2 .... Week 1

Yay!  My favorite :-)  The day I get to post the weird list of goodies to figure out how to use!

Things don't look too bad in the refrigerator and freezer after the demise of the refrigerator.  Fortunately I am married to Mr Wizard so, while it took a few weeks, he did finally order parts to try and fix it (and succeeded!)   But we did such a good job of finishing things more regularly, that I may ave started a new good habit!

But... we do continue to purchase... and things continue to age.... so...  I do have a few items.

The pantry is where I hit the mother lode!  Last time I simply chose items that I RECOGNIZED as having been around too long.  THIS time I looked at the expiration dates... Yikes!  Not too bad but some are getting close, so they go on THE LIST.



The list is below but looking at the pantry items.... I know that the bacon bits & the open mayo in the fridge can combine with the broccoli I just bought on sale and we will have my husband's favorite broccoli salad.  I see some soup in my future to use up the carrots..... and more baking needs to happen..

At any rate.... I'd love to have your ideas for these items.... and I'll start next week & let you know how we use them!

REFRIGERATOR
  Last Month Leftovers: 
jar roasted red peppers
3/4 jar wheat germ

ADDED:
  2 containers of Laughing Cow cheese
  1 small open container of mayonnaise...
 
FREEZER:
  Last Month Leftovers:
  frozen orange juice (not to drink)
ADDED:
   1 container cottage cheese
   2 containers sour cream
   1 bag of dough balls (for rolls or monkey bread)
   1 pkage sliced Swiss cheese
   1 box of veggie bacon
   2 frozen bananas
   2 bags frozen blueberries

PANTRY:
    Last Month Leftovers:
   bag sundried tomatoes

ADDED:
       Spicy brown mustard
       Bleu Cheese Dressing
       Green Salsa
       German chocolate cake mix & icing
       yellow cake mix
       brownie mix
       Liquid Smoke (what is this, why do I have it and what do I do with it?  LOL!!)
       individual envelopes of Italian dressing
      cream of chicken soup
      canned carrots
      3 different bottles of hot sauce
      2 pkgs bacon bits
      french-fried onions
     4 ind cntrs of berry flavored applesauce (didn't care for the flavor)
     2 ind cntrs of sweet gherkin pickles
     box chicken soup
     jar pepperoncini
     tomato soup
     can water chestnuts
     jar szechuan sauce
     wasabi sandwich spread
     marinated artichokes












  



No comments:

Post a Comment