Thursday, May 19, 2011

What do you want to be when you grow up?

This question has always confused me.

Is there a 'thing to be' at the end?  Where is the end?

I still spend a lot of time wondering about what to do with my life :-)

Not so much a career now....  while I have had training for a career and worked for many years outside of my home, my focus has always been right here with my kids.  That has been my career.

Lots of volunteering, lots of taxi-driving, cooking, cleaning, mentoring..

But now I'm poised in a different place.... still needed as mom, but in different ways.

The needs are not so immediate or physically demanding.  Now there is more time to focus on my marriage.  My husband and I married after the family had begun so we never had time for just us and that is an interesting (and exciting) time to anticipate. 

I'm enjoying this year of re-assessing my skills, my likes and dislikes, my dreams and desires.... because I'm wondering what to do next!

I think that is it..... I don't want to BE anything... I already am ME :-)

But there is a lot that I want to DO...

..other than laundry, of course :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment