Tuesday, May 10, 2011

THE VOICE!!

Do you have THE VOICE in your head?

You know.... the one that is really consistent (and INsistent) that you are ... too fat, too thin, too old, too young, too stupid, too smart, too lazy, too busy.... well, you get the picture..... don't you?

That VOICE.... I'm not even sure where it comes from because it sure doesn't sound like my mother... or my father.... well maybe little pieces.... but I think perhaps it's every negative thing ever said TO me... and maybe also every negative thing I ever said to anyone else!

And somehow, once we give THE VOICE permission to speak..... we cower .... and we treat it like it's REAL.

Why is it that we spend out lives chasing away everyone else's bogeyman.... but we invite our own to MOVE IN?

We are intelligent people.... is that why we think.... well... I THOUGHT it... it MUST be TRUE!

We know better!  If anyone, anyone at all... came to us saying the things THE VOICE is allowed to say.... why.. we would throw them out!  Dismiss them!  Argue back.... CERTAINLY we would never allow THE VOICE anywhere near someone we loved...

Ahh.... there it is.... self-love.... We KNOW of it..... we practice hard at it.... but many times we live just short of self-LOATHING.  Is THAT why we allow THE VOICE to thrive?

It's time to take your life back.... time to YELL back at THE VOICE!

Time to bring out the bully that lives inside and make it smaller....

The Voice!  Too stupid to act on its own..... too mean to be allowed to speak...... too far from real truth!

The Voice...... NOT as strong as I am...... NOT a positive influence...... NOT any help to me, my friends, my family or my life!

the voice.... all negative..... all wrong.... and so NOT MY VOICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment