Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Crochet Post - Dishcloths #41 thru #46 and grandbaby ponchos

And we keep going on the dishcloth challenge :-)  The posted instructions are through # 124 as of today and I am still plugging away :-)  I have filled a container of them already but am trying to think of a way to decorate with them while I continue on the journey.

#41 Nubby Dishcloth... this is the one on the lower left - done in the yellow, lime and blue. I LOVE this one!  It has little bobble things all over it - hence the name - and looks like it will do a great washing job!

#42 Reversible Five-Sided Dishcloth - this one is pictured in light yellow in the center of the bottom row.  What FUN to make!  Each side looks really different from the other and is equally attractive.  It's also a little bit thicker than the others... it could be used as a potholder or a hot pad on the table.

#43  Ruffled Denim Dishcloth - pictured on the bottom left.  This is another really quick one to make.   Without the white ruffles, it is a simple five-sided granny shape.  The ruffles set it off nicely and make it special!


www.bestfreecrochet.com



On the top left, we start with an unusual one -#44  Popcorn Dishcloth.  Fun to make, but hard to figure out what it is until someone tells you... and then, you hit yourself on the head and say DUH!  I embroidered the word POPCORN on the 'box' part but it is a little hard to see.  The instructions were to use chains to crochet the letters and then sew them on the dishcloth... but I couldn't get the chains to work for me.  Cute, though... if I knew a popcorn lover (who could be persuaded to do dishes :-), it would be worth going over the embroidered letters one more time!

Center top - #45 - Quilted Star Dishcloth.... is probably the prettiest one in this batch in my opinion.  It was great practice carrying colors and following a chart... requiring a bit of concentration to create.  The final product though is worth it if you like quilt patterns (and I DO!)

#46  Catherine Wheel Ripple Dishcloth is the last dishcloth pictured today - in the upper right corner.  I had to work this one a couple of times before I really understood the directions... not that the directions weren't clear - they were :-)  But the technique is unusual and it took me a bit to understand it.  Once I got it - it whipped right up with a great result.

All of these dishcloth instructions can be found FREE at www.bestfreecrochet.com


In this last week, I also finished up ponchos for my grandgirls - and one extra for either gift or donation as the year progresses! A lovely spring green, an exquisite jewel tone teal (doesn't show up well in the photo) and the fall-color orange & yellow.

These are from a free Lion Brand free pattern and are very quick and easy to make from their Homespun yarn. http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0078AD.html?noImages=0

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0078AD.html?noImages=0

The bi-color one is from when I figured out that I needed TWO skeins instead of one to do a poncho!  This is what I call a creative design change :-)  The lazy crocheter rarely pulls out yarn to start over!

Anyway, it's a great pattern to use up scraps... now that I am sure I need more than one skein to make one - I will probably do stripes on the next one :-)

The fun part (for me!) was that when I gave them to my girls to choose.... the two-color "mistake" was one of the chosen ones :-)

Have fun crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment