Sunday, April 3, 2011

Changes

You remember I wrote a lot about my beautiful tree....

It was absolutely glorious this year ushering in a fantastic spring!  I am glad I had the opportunity to record and enjoy the tree because life changes too quickly.

When the blossoms began falling apart..... and the petals began dropping, the ground was carpeted


with pale pink petals.   It looked like a wedding - it was incredibly beautiful.

But it was sad..... within a couple of days, the tree was virtually bare.


But within days after that.... every branch was laden with GREEN!  All the blossoms came first.... and then the leaves appeared as the rest of my yard began to come to life.... the forsythias, the redbuds, the early daffodils.... the hyacinths are up now and I see the hostas peeking out from beneath the leaves.

The voluptuous show that my tree put on was the opening act for spring.. and the slight sadness I felt with the disappearance of the flowers was far surpassed by the joy I had sharing it with you :-)  AND the excitement NOW as each successive type of flower begins to appear.  I will have little surprises in my yard now until at least July.... and am on the prowl for summer perennials to fill in after that!

I hope you have a beautiful day and a wonderful time spotting the new gifts that spring has to offer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment