Friday, April 1, 2011

Ramblings...

As I sit here staring at a blank screen, I wonder what I should write about.  Of course, in the big picture, it really doesn't matter.  What matters along the journey is simply that I work on the task I have set for myself.

Baby steps, they call it.

It's like exercise..... some days I go gangbusters!  I can kick and punch, jump and swing, lift weights and run.. and I am amazing.  Some days, I can barely lift my arm :-)   But what matters is that I consistently, every day... use my body and make it work a little.  I wish I was as eager to work on exercise as I am writing!

Some days I can sit and crank out 3 or 4 essays.  Some days, I stare at my list of ideas and go blank.  I admire people who write novels.  Two of my family members are working on novels right now.... but my brain doesn't seem to want to stay on track that long.  Somehow I am compelled to write about the struggles and accomplishments of my middle aged mom place.   I DO think sometimes of writing a memoir though.... just because I have worked through a lot of garbage and think it might help others.  At a minimum, it might be entertaining :-)

I guess the trick to life and accomplishment is to keep at it.... one day at a time....  so, on that note, there is another load of laundry waiting... a couple of bills to pay... some photos to scan... floors to sweep  (anybody want to recommend good vacuuming products for pet owners?)... and on, and on, and on....  with a lunch date in the middle (I DO like having a resolution to keep up with friends!  Does that make a lunch date a baby step?  Oh yeah.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment