Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pantry Purge Update - Week 3

Here we go again!  Another week in the pantry purge!

I had grand plans for baking this week but ended up driving in to town every day... so actually didn't make much of an impact this week on the pantry :-(  Mostly I just used a little of this and a little of that in salads!

Greek salad on Sunday :-)   YUM!  Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese & baby mixed greens... and greek viniagrette dressing

Italian salad on Tuesday....  Olives, shredded mozzarella, garbanzos, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes & Italian dressing

and Asian salad on Wednesday!  mandarin oranges, water chestnuts, edamame, mixed greens & ginger dressing

I also used up about half of the corn tortillas for quesadillas on Monday...... but that still leaves half of them in the fridge.


So......  what's left?  well.... the same items.. just  a smaller quantity of them.  

The roasted red peppers & the banana peppers will slowly make their way through my daily salads

I found a recipe for Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread.. but then found that it calls for dried cranberries not the frozen ones I have.  I will need to google a bit and see how to substitute :-).  I bet this recipe would make good breakfast muffins & should freeze well.

We need another week or so before we can do barley in soup again.... and I am looking for ideas for the sundried tomatoes :-)

One more week to see what I can do!  I have a new list coming up so I need to get busy :-)

PANTRY

jar roasted red peppers
bag sundried tomatoes
2 cans water chestnuts
2 cans pumpkin
1/2 c barley * will have on next list
2 bags of cookie mix
3/4 jar wheat germ

FRIDGE

3 open bottles lemon juice (3?)* will be allocated to cleaning and non-food uses.
the end of a container of bacon bits
corn tortillas
jar sliced hot banana peppers
1/2 jar Hoisin sauce
1/2 jar Kalamata olives

ADDED:  open jar mint jelly

FREEZER

1 box Schwan salmon fillets
1 bag cranberries
frozen orange juice (not to drink)

ADDED BACK:
    large container marinara sauce
    small container sliced cooked Italian sausage


*** = used up!
2 cans water chestnuts
2 bags cookie mix
3/4c. barley
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 bag wild rice
1 can beets
1 pound ground lamb
1 bag tamales
1 bag raw frozen tomatoes
1 package Italian sausage







No comments:

Post a Comment