Saturday, June 4, 2011

Road Trip!

I LOVE road trips!  My husband has a business trip and asked me to tag along.... and, as an almost empty-nester..... why not?

I detest the LEAVING part... with all the preparations.. and the worries about food that will go bad... and taking care of the pets.... and the plants..... what to bring... what to leave.... it used to take me FOREVER to get ready.

But now?

Hmm.... my life has changed....  still plenty of preparation.... but some of it is just habit, I think.

I mean.. I'm only packing for me.....  my kids are grown and staying home.

It's Mom and Dad who are taking off ... shaking off the household responsibilities and heading out to play.

Who cares if I forget something?   No favorite stuffed toy to remember....  no bags of toys to keep little people occupied in the car.... no need for a cooler full of food (though I WILL be taking the last few items that I KNOW my guys will let DIE in the refrigerator :-)

It's kind of weird actually..... I am so accustomed to packing entire environments to move along with us.... and now I feel kind of footloose.

Okay - you would laugh if you saw my bag of work and my bag of crochet projects.  But I also took the time to pack some bubble bath and spa items that I own but never, ever use....

The week stretches before me.... an empty slate...

My entire agenda today is to leave the house and get in the car..... and ride... (and crochet a dishcloth or two, of course!)

How WILL I manage?

No comments:

Post a Comment