Friday, June 3, 2011

100th Post :-)

Wow!  I never thought I'd get this far!

I have been writing most of my life... off and on.... but somewhere early this year decided to try and be more consistent with it.  Writing has been like weight loss and other personal projects..... life heats up and I let go of the habit!

And now is no exception!  With your love and forebearance, I am learning to be more consistent!

You have helped me to continue to focus on personal goals... whether I reach the goals or not - at this point is irrelevant.  What matters most is the journey :-)  And writing this blog has helped me keep focus... so I am selfish in writing!

For the 100th post, I think an evaluation of the blog is in order....

    First... the premise... following me as I work on annual resolutions / goals......  seriously, this was chosen to a) keep me focused on the goals so they don't slip away and b) to give me something consistent to write about, and c) to give my brain free rein to wander in the hopes that I could settle on a specific blogging topic.

   Looking at these reasons, I am still moving toward personal annual goals..... I am still writing about them....  but I haven't found a specific topic.... I am still journeying and learning how to write most days.

 Second - the format....  being concise - creating short sound bites is best - but a little tricky.  This is easy with some subjects.... hard for an evaluation... but good to learn!

                  .....adding pictures makes more interesting reading!  But it takes longer to figure out what to post.... so more learning!

 Third - the subjects!  This has been the biggest struggle for me!  I like to use events that happen in my life because I think the struggles and triumphs I face are the same for all of us.  All of us middle-aged female semi-empty nesters, that is!  I think we all struggle with balancing our family needs and expectations with our own sense of growing freedom and possibilities.  And I think we feel pretty alone in it & selfish about it most of the time.

     But I insist on two things... maintaining privacy for the people around me and keeping a positive tone.  These two things make writing about personal things a challenge sometimes!  I am hoping to develop better technique as time goes on so that I can do a better job!

     Sharing projects has been fun!  And it allows me to share pictures and progress (or lack of it!)  And the projects are a way that I can write posts ahead of time and have them ready for those times in life when you feel like a hamster on a wheel.

     Ultimately I would like to post most days of the week..... and come up with a topic for each day.... right now I post crochet on Wednesdays and pantry progress on Saturdays (though I am not really happy with the way that one is turning out right now.... I like the concept but I'm not sure I'm accomplishing what I wanted to).  And I still want to do more of a spiritual nature but in the interest of consistency.... I want to have several posts written ahead so that I don't drop it when life heats up!

    Please feel free to comment here or on my Facebook page and let me know what you think!  While I am being a selfish writer..... if you have read this far... I want my writing to be a help to you too!

Soo.... here's to 100 posts!  Let's see what we can do with the next 100!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment