Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Crochet Dishcloth Challenge #65 thru #70

    Being back home and getting in the groove again!  Monday was running errands... doing my coupon work and getting one son to martial arts & one son to register for college classes...  Tuesday was a day at home spent doing paperwork and messing around in the kitchen!  My younger son needed his annual testing done (for homeschooling requirements) and I worked on financial things & baked bread and made a new batch of Kombucha (details on this particular project in another blog soon :-)

    A little time in the yard and some energy & time put into Vacation Bible School planning pretty much filled both days!

  But of course, I had time to crochet!  I posted a picture below with the 6 pretties I will share this week :-)

# 65 Round Sunshine Crochet Dishcloth - Bottom Left - Done in yellow, this is a pretty sunny cloth.  Lacy but still a tight enough weave to use for washing up, it will make the job a lot more fun!

#66 - Tangerine Dream Crochet Dishcloth - This one can be done in any two tones (note that I used the 'right' color this time :-)

#67 - Sunshine and Cool Breeze Crochet Dishcloth - I LOVED the color choices on this one.  It was a lot of fun watching how it turned out.  The 'spokes' of the wheel are done in a front post stitch and look really unique!


#68 - Little Blue Schoolhouse Crochet Dishcloth - Top left.  This is another of the single crochet cloths done using a chart for color changing.  Not my favorite to make because of the concentration it required, but I really DO love creating things that look like quilts and it turned out superb!

#69 - Nine-Patch Crochet Dishcloth.  Top Center Another really pretty quilt-like one that used a unique way of changing colors.  I thought it was a bit awkward to do and will do it differently if I repeat this pattern.  Great result though and I really liked the colors!

#70 - Shaded Shells Crochet Dishcloth - Top right - The pattern calls for a pretty variegated pink and that would probably have been prettier but I just used it in the Nine-Patch :-)  The shell pattern is a bit offset to give it a little lacier look and was fairly simple to do.

So there you go.... hope your summer days are happy ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment