Saturday, July 30, 2011

2011 Mid-Year Goals.. or a refinement of 2011 New Year's Resolutions!

      My family gets amused at my personal need - this year - to set goals and make progress.  I think though, that as a homemaker, I get very pre-occupied with the day-to-day activities and needs of others.   It is too easy to let days slip by in a haze of food prep, errand-running, homework doing, vacuuming, laundry, paperwork.. and whatever other chores crop up.  I LOVE my job as homemaker... but I see a need to be a dreamer and planner of where I and my family will be as time goes on.  It is true that my actions of today build the foundation of my tomorrow.  And as a homemaker, the tone of the household really depends on ME!  That makes my activity a lot more critical in the bigger scheme than whether or not a toilet gets cleaned.

All that is my premise behind constantly reviewing and re-doing my resolutions / goals!  Now - on to the meat of the matter:

    I have been working hard on this list of resolutions and getting nowhere pretty quickly!  Yikes!  I seem to be ready to spend a WHOLE month making a LIST.  So now that July is virtually over... here is my game plan!

I have incorporated the same topics as I started with - but have added my family!  They should have been on the list in the first place but I did not make a WRITTEN priority of it!

 I am committed to making more lists - but mostly because my first 6 months resolutions were pretty vague.  I need some specific goals to work toward.  I have accomplished a lot this year already compared to other years and am thrilled to have a record of it!   Now I can do a better job of deciding what needs to happen next to get where I want to go!

As you read my list - start one of your own - or tweak it - or dream about it.... Where do you want to be in a year?  What do you want to have accomplished?  What could an outside person do to help you get there?  Share!  There is nothing quite like helping someone move toward their dreams!

1.  Make peace with food... and find balance!
Continue with health - food and exercise patterns until I can find something that works consistently.   Continue internal work identify / dealing with issues standing in the way.

2. Make time for - monthly gatherings with whichever family members are available.
                       - monthly OUT-ings with my husband... just the two of us :-)
                              Try to send random 'no reason' cards as time goes by.

3.  Spend a little spiritual time each day connecting with God and self. 

4. Catch up / stay current:
   habit of daily writing (includes blogs)
   Dishcloth Challenge
   photo scanning
   Bread Adventures
   Train for 3Day in Washington, DC in September

5.  Add ONE new project monthly for blogging (and fun!) purposes - kombucha, herb drying, crochet with plastic, loom knitting (and not sure what else)

4.  START lists for 2011 and 2012!  Set goals with these lists and begin the journey.
          unfinished projects - to begin finishing up or tossing
          financial goals - work on with husband & set some goals for year end - and next year
          house maintenance list - set some goals for year end / and next year
          Set up pages for lists to keep accountable with financial, decluttering & house maintenance goals

5.  Working with my husband, begin thinking about and planning for the next 20 years.  We are within 5 years of traditional retirement age and, by no means ready!  We have been busy raising a family.  We need to spend some time dreaming and plotting out some goals for the next year, 5 years, 10 years, etc.
         
6.  Crafting :
         *determine annual goal for lovies  hat-scarves - prayer shawls & get moving on it
Operation Christmas Child – 5 lovies per week (225 by Collection week) (116 so far)
Hats 4 the Homeless – 4 hats / month (48 hats)  (5 so far)
Library hat / scarf sets – 2 sets / month (24 sets)  (4 so far)
Prayer shawls – 1 shawl / month (12)  (0 so far)

        these goals were set BEFORE I got myself embroiled in the dishcloth challenge so they will need to be re-assessed!

          * continue work on random gifts determined at beginning of year :-)
           * continue making things for grandgirls!
           * keep up with crochet gift needs - fill from unfinished projects if possible

No comments:

Post a Comment